Patients are seen on Monday in Marietta and Friday in Tyrone, please book accordingly
Precious Peeks LLC, was designed with mothers and women in mind. Established in 2021, during the height of the pandemic, Precious Peeks is an imaging beautique that aims to serve women in a safe, intimate space.
All imaging services are provided by registered diagnostic medical ultrasound artists. Each ultrasound image and report is reviewed by an experienced perinatologist.
With an approach to medicine that empowers the patient, encourages shared decision making, and collaboration with their obgyn/midwife, the patient is able to schedule their own ultrasound exams via our website. Precious Peeks is puting your health care in your hands.
When you choose Precious Peeks, you can be sure that you will have a private, gentle experience that will leave you feeling empowered and supported.
Morika Spicer, BA, RDMS is an Atlanta native. Armed with a love for the sciences, technology and medicine, Morika entered the ultrasound field in 2011, transitioning from a 8 year fulfilling career in the mortgage industry.
After completing clinical studies at DeKalb Medical and a perinatal center, Morika began her ultrasound career at DeKalb Medical in Decatur, Georgia serving in ER, ICU, and NICU.
Perinatal Ultrasound was her first love, so she eventually secured a position at See Baby in Atlanta, Georgia working closely with perinatologist Dr. Brad Bootstaylor and honing her skills as a perinatal sonographer. Morika went on to serve at several other prominent perinatal centers in Atlanta, before returning to See Baby, serving as Chief Sonographer until its closure in February of 2021. On February 26th, 2021, Morika served her first patient at Precious Peeks, an imaging beautique she opened in order to continue to serve women and support all birthing options.
Agnes Scott College, BA Economics and Business 2004
The Institute of Medical Ultrasound, Certificate of Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound 2012
Morika enjoys reading, baking, and movie nights with her husband and two children at their Atlanta home. Morika is currently authoring a book entitled " What Am I Looking At? A Mother's Guide to Ultrasound Volume 1", set to be published in 2024.
Safe, intimate ultrasound services. Pictured Sonographer: Morika Spicer, BA, RDMS
Brad S. Bootstaylor, MD, native of San Francisco, Calif, and practicing physician for over 25 years, adhering to a philosophy of “shared decision making”. Through a firmly held belief that the patient remains the center of care, the model of “shared decision making” is easily supported. By providing scientific information, and a balanced discussion that clarifies expectations, the patient can have an emotionally fulfilling journey and healthy pregnancy.
This model of care is described in detail in the book published in 2020. Titled: Shared Decision Making; Bring Birth Back into the hands of Mothers. 2020 ISBN 9798650279068
As a Board-Certified Perinatologist (aka MFM), Dr. Bootstaylor, will be able to evaluate and support the patient’s decision-making process to provide the best possible care for their pregnancy.
· College: The City College of New York, Bachelor of Science – cum laude, New York, NY; ‘80 – ‘84
· Medical School: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine, New York, NY; ‘84 – ‘88
· Residency: St. Luke’s/Roosevelt Hospital Center: Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York, NY; ‘88 – ‘92
· Fellowship: Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Ultrasound, Univ. of California, San Francisco Medical Center (UCSF) & Cardiovascular Research Institute, San Francisco, California, ‘92 – ‘ 94
· Pain Medicine: AAOPM (American Academy of Procedural Medicine), Pain Management, Board Certified, New York, NY; 2022
American Academy of Procedural Medicine (AAOPM); Pain Management Board Certified (2022)
American College Maternal – Fetal Medicine – Board Certified (1997)
American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology – Board Certified (1995)
National Board of Medical Examiners – Diplomate (1990)
Awards and Honors:
Fellow of the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (F.A.C.O.G.)
Honorary Jonas E. Salk Scholarship W. Stratman Prize for research
Army Commendation Medal Military: U.S. Army Special Forces (Green Berets) 1976 – 1980 Rank: Sergeant Honorable Discharge
1. Shared Decision Making; Bring Birth Back into the hands of Mothers. 2020 ISBN 9798650279068
2. Bootstaylor B.S., Roman C., Parer J.T., Heymann M.A. Fetal and maternal hemodynamic and metabolic effects of maternal nitroglycerin infusions in sheep. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1997; 176:644-50.
3. Bootstaylor B.S., Rigaud-Echols S, Barry J. Ohana S., Saltzman D. Influence of the lateral decubitus position on the amniotic fluid index. Abstract, 1996 Am J Obstet Gynecol; 174 (suppl): 338.
4. Heymann M.A., Bootstaylor B.S., Roman C. Glycerate trinitrate stops active labour in sheep. In: Moncada S. Freelisch M., Busse R., Higgs E.A. Editors. The Biology of Nitric Oxide. London: Portland Pres, 1994; 3:201-3.
5. Bootstaylor B.S., Filly R.A, Harrison M.R., Adzick N.S. Prenatal sonographic predictors of liver herniation in congenital diaphragmatic hernia. J Ultrasound Med 14: 515-520, 1995.
6. Bootstaylor B.S., Roman C., Heymann M.A., and Parer J.T. Fetal cardiorespiratory effects of nitroglycerin in the near-term pregnant Sheep. Abstract, 1994 Am J Obstet Gynecol; 170 (suppl): 281.
7. Heymann M.A., Bootstaylor B.S., Roman C., Natuzzi E.S., Parer J.T., Harrison M.R., and Reimer R.K. Nitroglycerin (NG) stops active labor in sheep. Abstract presentation at the Third International meeting: Biology of Nitric Oxide, Washington, D.C., June 1993.
8. Bootstaylor B.S., Roman C., Heymann M.A., Parer J.T. Nitroglycerin inhibits labor in term pregnant sheep. Abstract and oral presentation, Society of Obstetrical Anesthesiologist and Perinatologist. Palm Springs, CA, May, 1993.
9. McKenna O.C., Velez J. Bootstaylor B.S., and Wallman J. Visual deprivation disturbs postnatal development of the accessory optic system and optokinetic behavior. Abstract presentation at the Society of Neuroscience, Boston MA, May 1983.
I was born in NYC and lived in Lagos Nigeria until the age of almost 5yrs. My parents moved to Atlanta just before my 5th birthday. My Mother previously worked as an RN for over 40 years. Her Mother was an LPN. My daughter is currently a pre-med major in College. The health and well-being of every patient is important to us. My son whom is a senior in high school plans to become either a Dentist or Doctor.
I graduated from Georgia State University with a Bachelor’s and Master’s of Science in Nursing in 2005 and 2012 respectively. I’ve trained and/or worked in most major hospitals in Atlanta. I also have experience working as a Traveler for years throughout California.
I absolutely love and enjoy working as a Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner. I strongly believe that every patient deserves the same level of exceptional care. I am very passionate about what I do.
I like to cook healthy food and maintain my physical fitness in my spare time. I also am a plant and fur Mom.
We have too many Peek-A-Bears! For a limited time, receive $10.00 off the regular price of any Peek-A-Bear when you book your anatomy scan! Just select "Anatomy + Peek -A- Bear " when you book! To see our collections, visit our store from the main page!